I've had a bit too much downtime since my office closed for business during the holiday season; tho, one might not know it, because I've been living under a rock as a result of not working. Staying up late and sleeping in have been the things I've mastered most these past few weeks. I've even grown increasingly bored from shopping and my bank account can only handle so much! You might be wondering why I'm not lazing about on some nearby beach - it's just that I can't really stay out in the sun for too long or I'll burst into flames! I'm only kidding;) I can thank the strong dose of antibiotics I am currently taking for keeping me sequestered to my apartment. Reading and watching mindless television has helped to entertain me; I stayed up really late last night and finished Mindy Kaling's book titled Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns). Mindy's wit, humor and voice made for an enjoyable read; I found myself laughing out loud a lot, because she has this ability to put pen to paper about the things you're thinking, but are never brave enough to say. One of the best moments in the book had to be when she told us about the time when she was alone in a diner chatting away on the phone to her mom about how she just got hired to be a writer on The Office; without hesitance an elderly man walked over to her and told Mindy she was being rude and that her voice was annoying him while he dined with his wife. We were never told how she responded, but I'd like to think Mindy unapologetically carried on due to nailing a job of a lifetime! Hello old man, get with the times!!
That pretty much sums up my vacation. I had this goal of writing on a daily basis, but that didn't fully materialise - finding random stuff on the interwebs wins everytime! Cleaning and organizing reigned supreme for me as well; since I nailed down my job back in June, I really haven't been terribly domestic and such. And I can't really forget about why I'm here writing about makeup, I mean, I'm here to entertain you as a way of feeding my insane makeup addiction - it's self-serving really;) Yesterday I took a few moments out of my "busy" social calendar and played with some of the items I purchased on Saturday.
Take a closer look..
I think I've mastered the art of the makeup/no makeup look or me, but better! If you're looking for amazing tutorials on how to do a dramatic eye, you're in the wrong place my friend. I can't even begin to tell you how freakish I look with bold makeup and I really don't have the personaility to pull it off - I might as well draw a lone teardrop under my eye.
And here's a look at what I used.
Many of the items I used above are repeats from previous entries and I will be sure to feature the basics as a point of reference in the future for you.
- Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation SPF 15 in Warm Sand 2.5 - applied where needed
- MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium - dusted all over
- Bobbi Brown's Concealer Kit in Sand and Pale Yellow - for under eye circles
- Burberry's Natural Bronzer in Nude Glow No. 3 - dusted over my forehead, cheeks and nose
- NARS blush in Gilda - an item from my mini haul at Mecca Maxima
- Gorgeous Cosmetics Shimmer Dust in Sand - applied from lid to brow bone
- MAC's eye shadow in Juxt - blended into my crease and then winged out
- Inglot's AMC Pure Pigment #85 - blended over my lid to intensify the other two colours; here's a really great video so you get the idea
- NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base - why didn't I buy this sooner, it's a lifesaver
- Stila's Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Lionfish - lined upper lash line and slightly winged out
- MAC's Studio Fix Lash Mascara - worn on upper lashes only
- My usual staple, chapstick
- NARS Lipstick in Flamenco - I used a lip brush for an even lighter appearance. It's considered to be sheer, but it's stll pretty rich when applied straight from the tube
- NARS Lipgloss in Greek Holiday - I love changing colours up with this gloss, it's even nice when wearing solo