Having soft and pretty feet is important to me; my belief is if you look after them, your feet will love you in return. This sentiment is true for anything. I'd also like to think my husband doesn't have a Barney Rubble on his hands - from a feet perspective I mean. With Spring and Summer upon us, cute coloured toes are a must in my book. I try to get a proper pedicure every month; if a tight budget or timing is keeping you away from the nail salon, then give these tips and products a go.
- Soak your feet or take a luke warm shower in order to soften and soothe your soles.
- Use a scrub to get rid of any dry skin.
- Dry your feet and apply a callus remover to any rough patches. I use Butter London's Rock Off in between salon visits. I noticed Butter London switched to a roll-on bottle; I recently purchased the old version with a dropper.
- After three minutes or so, reach for a pumice stone or foot file and target your trouble spots.
- Rinse off and dry your feet again.
- Apply your moisturiser of choice. I love The Body Shop's Hemp Foot Protector, this formula is perfect during those dry and cold winters.