Earlier this month Scott said he ordered me a Christmas present, but it couldn't be a surprise because I had to provide him with some information. I wasn't sure what it could be, so I let him tell me; he ordered me a GlossyBox subscription. In the US, Birchbox is the equivalent; I've been a bit jealous about Australia not partaking in the samples business, until I read a review by Lilit of Makeup and Macaroons. Upon the mere mention of a sample beauty service, I did some googling and hallelujah, GlossyBox's webiste was located! I think I squealed for a few moments to the point where I heard Scott laughing at me. Little did I know the seed was planted when I told him what got me to jump for joy - completely unintentional, I swear! When I arrived home from work, Scott sat me down and had me answer a survey in order to help tailor my monthly GlossyBox subscription. The questions are detailed and thorough; they asked about my skin and beauty regimen, my interests and how I go about keeping up with trends in the beauty industry. All told, the survey took a total of 5-10 minutes. Because Scott placed the order in mid-December, I was convinced I wouldn't see my first delivery until well after the New Year, but lo and behold…
Apparently, the postman tried to drop off this package on Wednesday afternoon while we were both at work. I ran over Thursday morning and retrieved this little package o' joy; I may've been late for work, but it was for a worthy cause! I even snapped some photos during my lunch break - excited much?! I am grateful GlossyBox expedited this package so quickly, but a bit bummed at the same time. I can't use John Frieda's Go Blonder Lightening Spray; I am a brunette and I don't want to turn my hair pumpkin orange.
I have a feeling next month's special delivery will be a collection of perfection. I can't wait for January!
Since receiving my package, I've tried:
- Gorgeous Lip Pencil in Scarlette - upon softening and sampling, this berry red colour came alive
- Clinique Turnaround Overnight Radiance Moisturizer - light and creamy in texture and unscented to boot!
- CK Forbidden Euphoria - crisp, soft and candy-like. It reminds me of Prada's Candy; perhaps CK's version is a cheaper dupe?!
The Bagful breakdown:
Total amount per month for GlossyBox's service:
- $14.95 AUS
Value for money spent (performance and quality):
- 9 out of 10 bags; I would've given it a 10/10 had they waited for my survey to arrive, but I can understand why they sent it so quickly
Likelihood to purchase:
- Once my subscription is close to completion, I will be renewing this service for 2013; I'll keep you posted about all of the other goodies I'll be receiving throughout the year