Estee Lauder was the lure and Electric Orchid was the hook -- I'm stuck on Pure Color Gelee eyeshadow. It's official, just don't throw me back, I beg of you.
Arctic Sky is as sweet as blueberry pie with a healthy scoop of softened vanilla ice cream. When the melt-y vanilla pools into the gooeyness of the filling, the combination gives way to Arctic Sky. It's the apple to Electric Orchid's eye. Arctic Sky performs just as well as Electric Orchid and they also make for a powerful duo.
Purple smokey eyes are in my opinion easier to achieve and wear versus your typical black/silver look. Here's how I created this look in about five minutes.
- Start with an eye primer and apply from your lash line to just above the crease.
- Next apply Electric Orchid over the same exact area as above with your favourite fluffy eye brush.
- Then grab Arctic Sky and focus the colour on the inner corner of your eyes; drag a bit of colour out along your crease line.
- Finally, line your lower lash line with Arctic sky.
- Once you've achieved your desired amount of colour payoff, finish your look with liner and mascara.
I tempered my eyes with Illamasqua's Naked Rose (on cheeks) and Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain in Honey (on lips). Yes, Priceline finally put out the display yesterday. Aussie ladies rejoice!
So, what do you think of Estee Lauder's eye shadow - yay or nay?
The Bagful breakdown:
Total amount for Estee Lauder’s Pure Color Gelee Powder eyeshadow in Arctic Sky:
- $42.00 AUS / $24.00 USD
Value for money spent (performance and quality):
- 10 out of 10 bags -- best. eyeshadow. ever.
Likelihood to purchase:
- Lilit of Makeup and Macaroons spiced up her FOTD with Cyber Copper; it's not your average brown.