I got up bright and early today in preparation for Salon Melbourne -- it's "Victoria’s ultimate hair and beauty event. Bursting with products, shows, education and entertainment, Salon Melbourne is a one-stop-shop for sourcing, learning and inspiration."
What more could you want?
Salon Melbourne is a two day event which is currently being held at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre. If you're a beauty professional, lover of hair and beauty or just plain interested, then head on over if you have a few hours free today or tomorrow.
Can't make it? Lucky for you, I took lots of pictures :)
I stayed for a couple of hours as I got overwhelmed by the crowds and also wanted to keep my spending in check. There are so many great things available for purchase, unfortunately it's irrational to buy one of everything. Right?
- You can watch tons of professionals execute what they do best - hair, nails, makeup and loads more
- Purchase products at wholesale prices
- Rub elbows with your fellow beauticians
- Experience brands that aren't available for testing in-store
- Attend a class or two, keep your eyes glued on the catwalk or gawk at the beautiful models
- Head to the centre of the exhibit for cheese and bubbles
- The crowds - be prepared to wait a while at the insanely popular stalls. OPI, Makeup Forever, Napoleon Perdis and several brush stalls were hopping
- Bring cash as some exhibitors don't have EFT POS machines
- Don't bother wearing a jacket, you'll be too hot
In the end, I had a lot of fun. Tho, it would've been nice to share this experience with P-cakes or a good friend. There's always next year :)
*Special thanks to Maxted Thomas PR for the invitation.