Can't decide what to wear to your company's Christmas party come December? Grab an LBD and pair it with Chanel's Regard Signe de Chanel in Harmonie du Soir -- their newest eye quad. I've become a big fan of Chanel's quads because it gives me the opportunity to try colours I don't necessarily have my eye on. One might consider this quad wasteful due to the expense and the fact that three out of the four shades are extremely dupable -- I for one love the unexpected iced cranberry shade.
Gold, berry, sparkle and shine. Chanel's Harmonie du Soir are just those things.
In order to get the eye look above, follow these steps:
- Start with your trusty eye primer of choice and apply all over your eyelid.
- Then blend a couple of layers of the light pink shade from your lash line and stop at your brow bone.
- Grab a fluffy eye brush, something similar to MAC's 217 and sweep the taupe shade on your eyelid; make sure to buff the hard edges just above the crease.
- Go for gold and line your lower lash line with a stiff brush, I used MAC's 239. In order to open my eyes a bit more, I lined the inner corner of my upper lash line with the gold as well.
- Arm yourself with an angled eyeshadow brush; if you don't have one, a fluffy eye brush will do. Focus in on the outer half of your eyelid and crease and apply the cranberry hue to these areas.
- Finally, line your upper lash line (I went with NARS' Koala) and paint on a bit of black mascara.
Want to bring your pout to new heights and showcase a bit of a vampy edge? Chanel's Rouge Allure Velvet lippie in L'impatiente will elevate your look. To be quite frank, I wasn't a huge fan of the pairing you see above or the application process. If you love this colour, then do a strong lip and counter it with a super mellow eye.
And what about the application? Well, make sure you exfoliate your lips and seal in the moisture with chapstick. Only then can you easily apply L'impatiente; this particular matte formula will glom onto and saturate any dry flakes on your lips. As for obtaining the hard and clean edges, I cleaned up my handiwork with a Q-tip and makeup removing water. One final note, be wary of uneven application at first -- at the very minimum you'll need two to three coats to fill in the patchiness.
If you'd like to take this look down a notch or two, try painting your pout with a soft pink. I mixed things up with Chanel's Rouge Allure in Seduisante; the subtle glossiness ties this look together far better.
The Bagful breakdown:
- $98.00 AUS / $65.00 USD & $50.00 AUS / $32.50 USD
Value for money spent (performance and quality):
- 8 out of 10 bags for Harmonie du Soir – pretty and easy to use.
- 5 out of 10 bags for L'impatiente -- tricky to apply and drying. I expected more.
Likelihood to purchase:
- Apparence is selling like hotcakes! Act fast or you could miss out.