On a typical day you'll catch me wearing a basic makeup look which I'm able to complete in less than five minutes.
On Saturday night I upped the ante by experimenting with a slightly smoky purple eye.
To get the look above, pick a deep purple, a slightly brighter and lighter purple and a neutral colour to be used all over. Also make sure you grab your favourite liner, mascara and lippie.
- Start by applying a neutral eyeshadow from your lash line and stop at your brow bone. Burberry's Trench, MAC's Shroom or Maybelline's Silken Taupe are your best bets.
- Next grab an angled eyeshadow brush and focus on applying the deepest shade of purple at the outer corners of your eyes. Sweep and blend any excess colour along your crease and stop about half way in.
- Then grab a stubby eyeshadow brush (MAC's 239 is quite simply the best) and pat the lighter shade of purple on the centre of your lid. Repeat the sweeping and blending method in your crease and stop just shy of the inner corners of your eyes. Want more colour? Line your lower lids too.
- To illuminate the inner corners of your eyes, blend in a small amount of your base shade.
- To finish line your upper lash line, paint those lashes and dab on a neutral gloss :)
When was the last time you shopped your own makeup stash?