In my lifetime I'll probably never be able to afford Chanel's Tweed Jacket, so I bought the next best thing -- an eyeshadow quad from the Les 4 Ombres Multi-Effect range. The reformulated eyeshadow drew its inspiration from the individual threads and fibres used to create the iconic tweed jacket.
Each palette features two contrasting shades, one to highlight and one to intensify; in Tisse Vendome's case: salmon, golden brown, warm vanilla and deep taupe. The new spherical formulation aids with application in terms of blending, colour intensity and finish.
The preexisting formula is much dryer in appearance and often leaves a powdery finish, whereas the new finish looks and feels silkier and luminous. In order to get properly acquainted with the Multi-Effect Eyeshadow Palette I sat down with Chanel Makeup Artist Dayna for a quick tutorial.
Here are her top tips:
- Prep and prime the eye area prior to applying eyeshadow.
- Dab or tap your eyeshadow on in order to build up the colour's intensity.
- Toss the applicators provided with the palette, Dayna believes these are useless.
- Don't press down too hard on the eyeshadow or it will crumble when too much pressure is applied.
Because I'm on a tighter than usual budget I could only justify splashing out on Tisse Vendome, the rest of the items used to recreate Dayna's look are from my own arsenal.
In no particular order here's a list of the other products I used on my eyes:
- Tarina Tarantino's Eye Dream Hyperliner in Amethyst Android in lieu of Chanel's Long Lasting Eyeliner in Violine
- Clinique's Lash Power Mascara in Black Onyx
- Chanel's New Moon applied along my lower lash line
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in Ro(Cocoa) to tight line. Tight lining gives the appearance of having fuller lashes.
You're now probably wondering how well Tisse Vendome performed? Only ok, certainly not wonderful enough to warrant the nutso price tag. Don't get me wrong the colours lasted, but they didn't stay put -- the creasing was bananas. That said, I might skip my usual eye primer and try another approach.
The saga continues..
The Bagful breakdown:
Total amount for Chanel's Les 4 Ombres Multi-Effect Quadra Eyeshadow:
Value for money spent (performance and quality):
- I'll rate Tisse Vendome once I figure out how to prevent it from creasing.
Would another purchase be on the horizon?:
- Must behave, but how good does this look?