Urban Dacay's Naked 3 palette happens to be my most-loved and used eyeshadow palette ever and I have no qualms about recommending it to others. But what do you do whence confronted by all twelve shades; some might tuck it away, curl up in a ball and call it a day. Others, like myself, will rise to the challenge and find a way to use them all.
Mersaedes, this one's for you.
Let's get started.
Here's what you need:
- Primer, preferably one without shimmer
- NARS Smudge Proof Primer - appears white, dries clear
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (Original) - beige in colour
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer - beige in colour
- A foundation brush and Q-tips for post-application clean up
- Spooly brush to rid your lashes of any mascara clumps
- Eyelash curler
- Brown Eyeliner - I'm in love with Marc Jacob's Highliner Gel in Ro(Cocoa)
- A blending brush or you can use the double-ended brush that comes with the Naked 3 Palette. I used UD's brush to prove that it's possible to execute these looks with a mediocre brush.
Steps 1 & 2:
- Grab your brown liner to tightline. I can't evenly apply eyeliner to save my soul, so I prefer to do this method as a cheat for fuller lashes.
- Apply Limit on your eyelid and blend out any harsh edges just above your crease.
Steps 3 & 4:
- Highlight your brow bone with Strange.
- Next, apply Burnout to the outer corners.
Steps 5, 6 & 7:
- Highlight the inner corners of your eyes with Dust
- Apply Mascara
- Clean up any fallout
Now, you can stop here or skip steps 6 and 7 to take this look a bit further.
- Contour your outer crease with Factory to add a bit of dimension
- Be sure to blend like it's your job
Steps 9 & 10:
- Lightly dab Trick on the centre of your eyelid for a pop shimmer.
- Starting from the outside and working your way in, line your lower lash line with Darkside and blend into Dust.
Steps 11 & 12:
- Load the smaller end of the brush with Blackheart to define the outer v.
- Smoke things out some more by layering Mugshot over Blackheart and Trick
Steps 13 & 14:
- Build up the shimmer factor at the centre of the eye lid by layering Buzz over Trick.
- Finally, paint on a healthy helping of mascara and be sure to clean up eyeshadow spillage from the under eye area.
Jush your hair, pucker your pout and grab your dancing shoes because it's a three day weekend.
What sort of eye looks have you put together with UD's Naked 3?