Stay with me.
We all love the way our hair feels fresh out of the salon and we also feel instantly lighter and brighter, perhaps there's even a skip in our step.
Ahh, fresh coifs. Smooth waves or straight strands, nary a hair out of place, but once faced with having to maintain such an amazing feat I find myself quivering in fear that I won't be able to replicate my hairdresser's handiwork.
Tresemme's Keratin Smooth 7 Day Smooth System works some serious voodoo magic on my ofttimes unpredictable hair, but how does it work?
The shampoo and conditioner both cleanse and hydrate as expected, while the keratin (protein) smooths each individual hair shaft. Upon dragging a comb through my hair, I immediately noticed the teeth encountered little to no resistance. A veritable Slip n' Slide situation.
Finally, Tresemme's Heat Activated Treatment takes things one step further by acting as a barrier, it also decreases styling time and increases the smooth factor. Tresemme suggests using a flatiron after blowdrying your hair, but I usually skip this step because I don't mind the flicks at the ends of my layers.
Granted, it is winter in Melbourne which means most days the frizz factor is low. However, it'll be swell not having to constantly duke it out with my halo of frizz come spring.
- It takes about eight minutes to dry my hair.
- Second day hair looks just as splendid.
- My coloured, fine, frizzy, wavy hair is in l-o-v-e.
- Cheaper and safer than the once popular Brazilian Blowout.
- Looking to curl your second day hair? Think again. My hair is determined to remain unfurled. I mean, you can curl your hair, but it might take extra elbow grease, a little patience and texturising spray.
And that, my friends, is how to bring the hairdresser home.
//Edit: I guess you gotta take the good with the bad, but this stuff managed to dry out my scalp. It's the middle of winter in Melbourne, it's dry and my scalp just couldn't handle it. I've since taken Tresemme's 7 Day Smooth System out of rotation and went back to basics.
The Bagful breakdown:
Total amount for Tresemme's Keratin Smooth 7 Day Smooth System (Shampoo, Conditioner and Heat Activated Treatment:
Value for money spent (performance and quality):
- 3 out of 10 bags — maybe I'll be ok to use this come summer.
Would another purchase be on the horizon?:
- I've been a brand commitment-phobe when it comes to hair products, but I think I'll stick with Tresemme. So, yes.
*PR sample provided – Thoughts and ramblings written here are completely my own.