It was sheer coincidence when I decided to finally take By Terry's Waterproof Crayon Khol Terrybly in Holy Black out for a spin this weekend. Holy Black was a small treasure I picked up during the Christmas Holiday break in Singapore -- I fell in love with the colour immediately, but never registered the name.
Immediately I had visions of smouldering eyes and sparkle tinged cat eye flicks, but truth be told I'm as skilled as a Kindergartener wielding plastic scissors and rainbow hued construction paper. My fine motor skills are lacking -- one would think I left the same imaginary Kindergartener to their own devices by letting them paint my face.
Recently I learned a valuable lesson from Karen, your liner doesn't have to be perfect, because you can blend the heck out of it. So, blend I did.
To get this look, simply follow these steps:
- Start with an eye primer.
- Grab a matte taupe or tan eyeshadow and apply all over the eye lid and stop just at the crease. Be sure to blend out any harsh lines.
- Next grab your liner and apply a fairly chunky line from the outer corner of your eye. The line only needs to cover a third of the lash line.
- It's now time to smudge and blend your liner. If you don't have a smudge brush, your pinkie finger or even a puffed up Q-tip will do.
- I then lightly patted and blended on Inglot's Pure Pigment Eyeshadow in shade 85, a cocoa brown with glints of teal. Clean up any fallout, because the teal flecks will emphasise blue under eye circles.
- Blend again.
- Highlight your brow area.
- Finish with mascara.
While I don't know if I'll ever use By Terry's Holy Black in a traditional manner, I was pleased the tip of the liner wasn't nearly as malleable as Opaline Flash.
Fine lines (not the wrinkle kind) and smudginess await.
The Bagful breakdown:
Total amount for By Terry's Crayon Khol Terrybly Eye Pencil:
Value for money spent (performance and quality):
- 7 out of 10 bags — Ermagherd! This pencil is wicked expensive!! Rimmel has a more than adequate dupe.
Would another purchase be on the horizon?:
- Kinda sorta of on a spending freeze. But I wouldn't mind getting another Ombre Blackstar Cream Eyeshadow :)