Earlier today I visited my local Illamasqua counter after spying Rebecca Romanin. Rebecca is one of Illamasqua's Melbourne-based makeup artists who also freelances when she's not painting pretty faces inside of Myer. To be honest I've been dying to have Rebecca do my makeup for ages since I started following her on Instagram -- all I had to do was quell my fangirl giddiness.
For the sake of recalibration, here's what I look like on any given day of the week.
The initial consultation was brief -- we discussed my skin type (combination), eye colour (hazel) and the sorts of things I typically wear (neutral). Eventually, we both settled on a daytime look heavily leaning into nighttime with a purple theme.
Here's a breakdown of what Rebecca used:
- Complement Palette
- Pure Pigment in Incite; Rebecca also used this to highlight my cheekbones
- Cream Pigment in Delerium (used at the inner corners of my eyes)
- Precision Gel Liner
- Eye Colouring Pencils in Elate (used on my lower waterline) and Seize (used along my lower lash line)
- Masquara (mascara) in Raven
- Eyebrow Cake in Motto
- Matte Primer
- Skin Base Foundation in shade 8
- Loose Powder in shade 10 to set
- Cream Pigment in Hollow to contour
- Concealer (sorry, didn't take note of the colour)
- Velvet Blusher in Peaked
Rebecca was super sweet, talented, worked quickly and educated me while she moved along.
If you're ever in the market for new makeup, book in for a consultation to broaden your horizons. The makeup session was valued at $60.00 AUS (the minimum) which I was able to put toward my makeup purchase after we finished.