Becca and I don't go back that far, so when I was asked if I would like to pop in to my local Becca counter for a proper getting to know you, I jumped at the chance.
Last Saturday Kristi of Becca educated me about the brand's history -- Becca was started 10 years ago in Perth by Rebecca Morrice, whose mainstay focus has always been on beautiful skin. Everything else is a thoughtful, yet secondary, addition.
In 45 blissful minutes I was naturally elevated from no makeup Nicole to a better version of me.
Here's a picture heavy walk down memory lane.
Here's a list of everything Kristi used in the look above:
- Resurfacing Primer Perfector to help minimise the presence of my mid-day shine
- Compact Concealer for my dastardly under eye circles
- Mineral Powder Foundation - I prefer light to medium coverage
- Shimmering Skin Perfector (a best seller) in Moonstone, which can be used alone, atop your foundation or mixed in for a bit of radiance and luminosity
- Bronzing Skin Perfector to contour
- Eye Priming Perfector - I have oily lids, folks
- Ultimate Creme Liner in Renaissance (Matte Brown)
- Ultimate Mascara in Black - it's their only colour and it's also a tubing formula
- Ultimate Eye Colour Quad in Sun Chaser
- Eye Tint in Vicuna, which was used as a highlighter along my brow bone
- Brow Powder in Ash (not shown) - I think this product is getting discontinued
Lips & Cheeks -
- The One Perfecting Brush - my personal favourite and talk about soft!!
And how did the makeup perform? In a word, great! Everything lasted, never budged and looked just as fresh as when it was first applied.
The Bagful breakdown:
Total amount for BECCA's Special Occasion Makeup Service:
- $75.00 AUS redeemable booking fee
Value for money spent (performance and quality):
- 9 out of 10 bags — I loved learning about and experiencing Becca's makeup range.
Would another purchase be on the horizon?:
- Before leaving, I bought myself The One Perfecting Brush, Beach Tint in Watermelon and Mineral Blush in Damselfly.
A special thank you goes to Kristi for all her tips, tricks and time, as well as my husband, Scott, for taking pictures of silly ol' me.
*PR sample (Special Occasion Makeup session) provided – Thoughts and ramblings written here are completely my own.